Postingan Populer

Memoar

 

Learning to Breathe Between Work and University Life

Living between work life and university life has taught me lessons I never expected to learn so early. As a student who is still studying while working, my days often feel divided. In the morning, I focus on responsibilities at work. At night, I return to assignments, classes, and academic deadlines. At first, I believed this balance would make me stronger and more disciplined. In reality, it also made me more aware of my limits.

Entering the working world while still being a student changed how I see responsibility. I am not a perfectionist, but I care deeply about doing things properly. Sometimes I find myself thinking too much about deadlines or outcomes, especially when expectations are not clearly explained. This habit did not come from fear, but from wanting to be reliable. Through reflection, I learned that responsibility can quietly turn into pressure if it is not managed carefully.

One interesting thing I noticed is how different work and university feel, even though both demand performance. At university, mistakes are often seen as part of learning. In work life, mistakes feel heavier, as if they carry consequences beyond grades. This contrast shaped my perspective. It taught me that while work expects results, learning never truly stops. Even in professional spaces, everyone is still learning, just in quieter ways.

Being a student also gives me a unique position in the workplace. I often feel like I am standing between two worlds. At times, I question whether I am moving too fast or too slow in life. But reflection helped me see that there is no single correct timeline. Working while studying is not a race, it is a process of understanding priorities, energy, and purpose.

I also learned the importance of mental separation. When work tasks follow me into study time, or when academic stress follows me into work, everything becomes heavier. Slowly, I began practicing small pauses. I remind myself that unfinished tasks do not define who I am. This perspective helps me protect my focus and maintain balance, even when it is imperfect.

Today, I am still learning how to manage both roles. Some days feel overwhelming, and other days feel rewarding. But I no longer see this phase as a burden. I see it as a space where growth happens quietly. Being a student who works has taught me patience, awareness, and respect for my own pace. I am learning not just how to work or study, but how to breathe between them and move forward with intention.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

Book Review